Kentuckiana Childbirth Education / Maternity Classes / Prenatal Education
YOUR BIRTH EXPERIENCE
Pregnancy can be one of the most hectic, busy times in a couple's lives. Sometimes, no matter how much you want to, you just can't carve out the time for 6-12 week long classes, especially if your due date is quickly approaching. Sometimes, you just don't want to set aside that much time: you want to learn what you need to learn, and put it into action.
Your Birth Experience is Louisville Area Doula's flagship childbirth preparation class for this exact reason. We cover all of the essentials in one meeting, so that you can get the information you want and need to prepare for your birth experience and go back to your busy life.
Our group classes offer a hybrid of meeting other pregnant couples in a one day, 4 hour session and individualized attention at a 1 hour follow up session scheduled in you home, at your convenience with your instructor.
Our 5 hour private classes can be scheduled in one or two sessions and take place in your home, at a time and date that is most convenient for you.
With either option you and your partner will:
- Recieve your own copy of Your Birth Experience Parent Guide
- Recieve in depth, evidence based information on the process of childbirth and potential interventions
- Take a unique approach to envisioning your ideal birth experience and be equipped with the tools that you need to make it happen
- Practice labor comfort and relaxation techniques
- Learn about your unique communication styles and medical decision making styles to help you create the best environment and birth team for your birth experience
- Create a birth plan to communicate your needs and desires to your birth team
- Recieve two hours of postpartum doula care to use during the first three months after you have your baby OR apply the fee of your class to a labor doula package
After the class, you will have the tools to get further information about the things that you want to learn more about, and your instructor is available by phone or email to answer any questions that you may have.
Your Certified Your Birth Experience Instructor (CYBE) will provide you with excellent, nonjudgemental support and education. Contact us with any questions or to schedule a class or consultation today.